- Check your pets mouth on a regular basis (monthly). Look for sore/red gums. Tartar build up and bad breath.
- Dry food is helpful to have a brushing effect.
A daily oral hygiene routine is very important. There are many products to make feline dental care much easier.
- VET AQUADENT – add to drinking water to help prevent tartar.
- LOGIC ENZYMATIC GEL – Apply directly onto gums,or onto paws to be licked off.
- TOOTH/FINGER BRUSHES – Use with a toothpaste formulated for animals.
- VETERINARY CHECKS – A yearly check up is advised to monitor for dental disease.
TYPES OF DENTAL DISEASE (PERIODONTAL DISEASE) –
- PLAQUE/TARTAR – Common cause of dental disease.
- GINGIVITIS – Inflammation of the gingiva/gum around the tooth.
- STOMATITIS – Inflammation of the oral cavity/inside the mouth.
- FELINE RESORPTIVE LESIONS – Erosion of the tooth, normally starting at the gum line. Sore painful lesions.